Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I love civil "trial" attorneys!

It's Tuesday morning and I'm sitting here eating a healthy breakfast of chocolate pop tarts. Jack and Chris are both at court trying to figure out if there are extra Judges to try their cases this week. (Guess we forgot to read the NACDL article that says we don't try cases and public defenders are bleeding and pleading our clients.) I'm set next week for a murder case so I'm still preparing my trial and seeing how many other cases I get to work on for my partners to cover for them. But to my gripe for the day. I have a tragic case where a mother stabbed to death her youngest son. She is mentally ill. Luckily, the family is supportive of both her and my efforts. A family member in law has contacted a civil attorney to sue an organization that potentially could have intervened. $$$$$ The American way tragedy= payoff. The attorney called to see if there was anyone else they should think about suing. I'm trying to prevent my client from being killed by the State, deal with her family and her remaining children and get the information that I need for my defense and this civil attorney is smelling the sweet smell of green backs. What a life. I went to this attorney's law firm's web site and it described them a litigators (okay I giggled when I read this) it also stated that their firm (7 attorneys) had tried six cases last year. I alone tried more than that last year. Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home