Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mean DA's

We deal with people of all types of personalities in the district attorney's office. Every once in a while you come across some curmugeon that's just a jerk to everyone. I almost prefer that. I would rather deal with that person who treats everyone with contempt than the prosecutor who tries to bully the new attorney because they think they can get away with it. In the past, I've had prosecutors assigned to work against me that came with a reputation a mile wide. I don't normally have a problem with them. After I explain to them that they need to ask around about my reputation I usually have smooth sailing. Now granted I am very professional when dealing with negotiations or conversing about a case. I have the scourge of the court house on a docket tomorrow and although for the beginning of the week she played her normal personality mainly not returning phone calls she turned a new leaf yesterday. I had mentioned to enough people in her office that had seniority that I was doing the docket and just couldn't understand why she hadn't returned my call. Within an hour she had called twice. I don't like bullies. Tomorrow should be fun.
janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home