Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday

Yes its Sunday and sunny at least its sunny outside my office window. I have a murder trial starting in one week. I'm stressed. I always convince myself that i'm going to win everytrial. I think you almost have to. If you don't believe in your case how are 12 jurors supposed to believe in your client. Then the worst thing happens. My client tells me that I'm just an angel who has been sent to him from heaven to make sure nothing bad happens in trial. AGHHHH! Like i need anymore pressure. I"m getting my office cleaned and getting all my cases ready for next week so any spare moments can be spent on working on refining Mr. M's case. I like this client. Would we have been fast friends if he weren't in jail. No, we probably would never have met but that doesn't discount that he's been put in a bad spot and made some poor choices in his life but is genuienly a nice person. I think trials are almost harder when you really like your client. Its harder emotionally for the attorney but a benefit for the client when the attorney is addressing the jury about the person. My perspective is I represent each client as if they were a relative. I try to think how would I want my sister, mother, father, etc. treated and represented if they were in my clients shoes. I always have law related dreams right before trial and then during trial I work on the next days court proceedings. Its amazing you could be so focused that it not only engulfs your day but also you night. Well enough goofing off have to get done here and go for a run.
Janet

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I always have law related dreams right before trial..

Wait.. you mean this doesn't go away the longer you practice?

1/29/2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Gideon's Guardians said...

I wish they do, I had to put a smack down on the local police that were trying to search my garage and house without a search warrant in my dream.

1/30/2006 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Cyrus said...

To my mind one and all must browse on it.
green leggings | Chinese restaurant menu | blood typing

1/25/2012 5:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great weblog here! Also your site a lot up fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink in your host? I want my site loaded up as fast as yours loladvertising | advertisment | production houses in pakistan | pakistani matrimony

6/10/2013 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home