Monday, March 27, 2006

Still in trial

Well I'm going into my sixth day of trial. We will close this morning. Thursday night I was just beat. It had already been a long week and like every trial there were ups and downs. I went home that night to a house with no bread no trash bags in other words in desperate need to be restocked. I said the hell with it and went to the local burger stand. The burger hop came out to bring me my food. She had the biggest smile on and was courteous. Yes it surprised me. In this day and time you don't get service unless you go somewhere and pay for it. She came up and gave my food and told me I look familiar. I told her that she looked familiar just to be nice too. She then she asked if I was her probation officer? I said no, I had never had that position but I was an attorney. She then asked if my name was Janet _____? I said yes, she then informed me she was in a half way house and this was her first job and she had had no write ups and thanked me for always treating her like a human and she really looked up to me. I will never be able to express how much I needed that. I have the receipt taped to my dash just to remind me why I'm doing this.
Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home