Friday, January 13, 2006

Prooftext Pat Partially 'Pologizes

Last week, Pat Robertson issued another fatwa declaring that Ariel Sharon's stroke was God's punishment for clearing Israeli settlers from Gaza.

So Israel axed Robertson and like minded Evangelicals from participation in a plan for a "Christian Heritage Center"/Theme Park/Tourist trap in Israel.

So Pat kind of apologized:
"My concern for the future safety of your nation led me to make remarks which I can now view in retrospect as inappropriate and insensitive in light of a national grief experienced because of your father's illness."
Translation: Now that I stand to lose a ton of money, I really sorry that you got angry at what I said; not that I'm sorry for what I said, just that it made you mad.

It wasn't decency or prayer or reading the Bible that got Pat to 'apologize'; it was money.

But Pat and Bush apparently have learned the same lesson; so long as it doesn't involve sex, you can do whatever the hell you want in America. Lie your country into war and kill thousands? OK. Call for foreign leaders to be assassinated? OK. Spy on Americans without warrants? OK. Call down God's wrath on those who disagree with you on how to look at Creation? OK. But lie about a blowjob (Clinton) or have a mistress (Bakker) ? You're outta there!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Marvin said...

Really effective information, much thanks for the article.
Riddex | genie bra | iheater 1500

3/14/2012 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home